It’s not just what you make, it’s what you keep. As a holistic financial firm, tax implications and mitigation strategies are a critical consideration for all of our investment advice. From 401(k) rollovers and Roth conversions to charitable gifting strategies and tax-efficient portfolio offerings, our advisors are educated on the latest tax laws to help your bottom line.
Tax Preparation for Individuals & Small to Medium Sized Nonpublic Entities The JL Smith Group provides tax return advice and preparation for individuals as well as businesses. Our clients save time and money as we offer assistance regarding compliance with sales and use taxes, property taxes as well as state, local and federal taxes. We can also assist with the latest tax-saving strategies.
First time clients 50 years of age and older = $99 *includes federal, one state, one city
Returning clients 50 years of age and older = $119 *includes federal, one state, one city
All clients 49 years of age and under = $189 *includes federal, one state, one city
Dependents (18 and under, or under age 24 and a fulltime student) = $49 *includes federal, one state, one city
Additional charges may include:
- Married filing separate – Age 50 + $198, 49 years and younger $278
- Complex ACA returns – Minimum $150 / Maximum $350
- Additional state or city return - $50 per additional city and/or state
- File by mail (no e-file) - $49 additional
- Schedule C’s - $25 per schedule
- Schedule E’s - $25 per rental property
- K1’s - $25 per K1
- Additional Non-electronic copy of current year and/or previous year tax return - $25 ($50 mail/fax) per return
- Copy of supporting documentation - $10.00 ($25.00 mail/fax)
- Extension - $35 for all extensions needed
- Bringing in new or revised information (e.g. 1099’s, W-2’s, additional deductions, etc.) after taxes have been processed and prepared for delivery is subject to a $50 additional charge to reprocess the tax return(s).
Businesses that File an Independent Return (1065 Partnership, 1120 C-Corporation, or 1120-S Subchapter S Corporation)
These fees will vary depending on the complexity of the return. Rates begin at $199. Business owners often experience a savings of a few hundred dollars on average over prior preparation fees.
Call (440) 934-9181 or contact us at email@example.com to schedule your tax planning or preparation today!