Life — and retirement — can present many unknowns. Major changes occur over a lifetime, including marriage, births, illness, and death, among others. Your employment could also likely change during your career, causing shifts in your insurance coverage.
To help ensure coverage and peace of mind for all those “what ifs,” The JL Smith Group can review your existing insurance policies and provide recommendations for your various coverage options, including life insurance, Medicare, disability, and long-term care.
Why Insurance Should Be an Important Part of Your Financial Plan
As we put together your holistic financial plan and understand your unique goals and needs, our team of advisors can help identify potential gaps and determine if you are over- or under-insured. Based on your needs, we can help you determine insurance options regarding:
Whether you need cost-effective protection for loved ones or entire protection for your family, we can discuss your options when it comes to term life, whole life, and universal life insurance policies.
Medicare and Health Insurance
A Medicare Supplement insurance plan can help you pay for medical costs that may not be covered under Medicare. We’ll work with you to select the best supplemental insurance for your healthcare needs and budget.
If you don’t have much saved for retirement or have a large nest egg with a lot of financial needs, purchasing a disability policy may be a key part in your retirement planning.
Long-Term Care Insurance
Nursing homes, assisted living facilities, or at-home assistance can be one of the biggest budget busters in retirement. We’ll work with you to determine when to purchase a policy and what kind of coverage you might need.
How Much Insurance Do You Need?
As changes occur in your career or family, you will be faced with decisions about your coverage. We can help you answer those critical questions, such as:
- Is my employer-provided life insurance enough, or should I buy more?
- Based on my age and family situation, does term or permanent life insurance right for me?
- What are the tax benefits of buying an insurance policy?
- How can I save money without sacrificing coverage?
- Does this policy include protection against inflation?
- Will insurance premiums go up? If so, what options do I have to pay for those rising costs?
- Does my long-term care insurance policy provide comprehensive benefits for both home care and nursing home care?
Evaluate Your Insurance Coverage
Would you benefit from a review of your insurance coverage and needs as it relates to your holistic financial picture? Call (440) 934-9181 or contact The JL Smith Group today!